How to buy a silencer
Is it legal to own a silencer?
If you can own a handgun, you can own a silencer. No special license is required in Virginia. If you are not a Virginia resident, please check your state and local laws before purchasing.
Choose and buy your silencer
If you are not a Virginia resident, we are happy to ship to your dealer. Have your dealer email a copy of their license to sales@HansohnBrothers.com
- Please include your complete name and county of residence in the comments section during checkout.
- If using a trust, include all responsible party's names.
- Come to our shop and we can take your fingerprints and photos or we can fill out all the forms and mail them to you with fingerprint cards and detailed instructions.
- Mail the completed forms to ATF in the included pre-addressed envelope.
- We will notify you when your approved Form 4 arrives.
Take delivery of your silencer using one of the methods below:
- Pick up your new silencer at our shop in Culpeper.
- Have the silencer shipped directly to the address on the Form 4.
- As of January 16, 2017 silencer cannot be shipped for form 4s submitted before July 14, 2016.
How can we ship silencers to our customers?
- We will mail you the ATF forms to sign and return to us.
- Notification is sent to the Sheriff or Chief of Police of your city or county.
- We must wait 7 days upon verification of receipt by the Sheriff or Chief of Police.
- On the 7th day, we ship your silencer to you.