Is it legal to own a silencer?
If you can own a handgun, you can own a silencer. No special license is required in Virginia. If you are not a Virginia resident, please check your state and local laws before purchasing.
Step 2, For Virginia Residents Only
- We will send you an email for the transfer details, it will come from NFAtools.com
- Come to our shop and we can take your fingerprints or we can send you fingerprint cards for you to complete.
- Once we have your fingerprints and photos, we will submit the completed forms to ATF.
- We will notify you when your approved Form 4 arrives.
Step 3, For Virginia Residents Only
Take delivery of your silencer using one of the methods below:
- Pick up your new silencer at our shop in Culpeper.
- Have the silencer shipped directly to the address on the Form 4. $20 processing fee.
How can we ship silencers to our Virginia customers?
- We will mail you the ATF forms to sign and return to us.
- Notification is sent to the Sheriff or Chief of Police of your city or county.
- We must wait 7 days upon verification of receipt by the Sheriff or Chief of Police.
- On the 7th day, we ship your silencer to you.